Tuesday, July 3, 2012

July - Book Pick & Date

I'd like to thank those of you who were able to make it to the June meeting & I can't wait for the July meeting!

Mark your calendars for July 28th at 4pm. This time we will be hosting at Teavolve (1401 Aliceanna Street). They have always been very welcoming to events/meet-ups that I have hosted in the past, and this time I expect no different. They have happy hour prices starting at 4pm (until 8pm) and amazing food.

We had 25 responses on the poll for July's book. Thanks for voting! The book that you chose for July is World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks. Check out the summary on this post. You can purchase World War Z at local bookstores (check out our friends over at Atomic Books!), on Amazon, or check it out from the Enoch Pratt Free Library.

I hope to hear back from all of you. Check out the event on Facebook and make sure to RSVP so I have realistic numbers to provide to Teavolve.

I also want to discuss suggestions for the book club. At the last meeting, it was suggested to have questions ahead of time before the meeting; I will be sure to post a few questions by July 23rd, and you can add some as well to the post. I was also thinking that, because we have nine book suggestions this month, we can start having themed months (popular fiction, memoir, classics, sci-fi, etc.). It will cut back on book competition and everyone can feel as if their favorite genre is included. Keep the suggestions coming, I am very excited to see where Bookmarks & Barstools can go.

Thanks for making this book club a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment