Tuesday, October 2, 2012

October - Book Pick & Date

Based on the poll sent out last month, October's book pick is The Road by Cormac McCarthy. It is a dark, post-apocalyptic book to go with the theme of gloomy and dreary for the month.

Our meeting will be on October 26th and, like last month, it will be a two-part meeting. When you RSVP, please be sure to let me know if you are going to one event or both

The book discussion will be at Alexander’s Tavern (not one of the haunted pubs, but a good one nonetheless) starting at 6:00pm. I know this is early for a Friday, but the tour is at 7:30pm and I want to make sure we’ll have enough time. Please let me know your RSVP for the discussion no later than October 22, so I can finalize it with them.

Then, for those that want to come, we will be going on the Fells Point Haunted Pub Ghost Tour, beginning at 7:30pm. Please be aware that the ghost tour is $20 and you should buy your reservation ahead of time. I am a little worried about them selling out (they've already sold out of a few), so please buy your tickets as soon as you can, if you think you can go. This tour is really fun and you'll have somewhere between 4-6 beers while you're out, so also make sure you have a DD (we can discuss carpooling if needed).
 
Thank you and I look forward to seeing you in October!

No comments:

Post a Comment