Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Looking Forward

I am really excited about how quickly this book club has grown & how much interest I've seen in it so far. Not only that, but I've made new friends & have been able to get really nerdy and passionate about books with folks that I really like. With that said, there's a few things I'd like to discuss moving forward into 2013 with Bookmarks & Barstools.

Monthly Themes
I think that the monthly theme thing is working well, so I've decided to post the next few month's themes. Of course, you are the ones to nominate books for each of them (THE POWER IS YOURS!). Here you go & maybe you can begin to think about books you'd like to nominate in the future.

February: Books written by Black authors (in honor of African American Heritage month)
March: Science fiction
April: Poetry (in honor of National Poetry Month)
May: Second place winners (it's our one-year anniversary, so we will choose from all second-place books from previous months).
June: Books written by LGBTQ authors (in honor of Pride month)
July: Memoir
August: Historical Fiction


The Blog
I really think that this blog can be more than a book club blog, but I would need help from you lovely folks. I'm thinking that this would be more of a collaborative place where we can all discuss anything bookish (and, of course, we'd still use it as our home base for the book club). Let me know if you'd like to be a regular contributor, and if you have something in mind for a specific column that you'd like to write (as in, you would write under that over-arching topic semi-monthly).

Swag
So, Leanne made this awesome logo for us, and now I want to do stuff with it! I was thinking, obviously, bookmarks and maybe koozies or shot glasses/pint glasses. Maybe t-shirts. What do you all think? How much money would you be willing to put in for book club swag? If there is no interest in B&B products, I totally understand, just let me know!


Are there any additional questions, concerns, suggestions? Let me know, either post in the comments, post on FB, or send me a message.

Thanks again for making this book club such a success. I'm having a great time with it & I hope you are too.

Ann Marie

2 comments:

  1. I would like to contribute to the blog. There are some thoughts I have about the book that never get expressed in the group conversation because the discussion doesn't veer in that direction, so I think that is a great idea and I'd like to be a part of it.

    I would also be willing to buy some B&B products :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a bookmark or a sticker! :)

    I would also be interested in being a contributor to the blog. I need to think a bit on what I would like my "topic" to be - I kind of like the idea of having a column-like theme and sticking with it. More literary or book-related, less about our monthly book. I'll mull it over and submit some ideas.

    ReplyDelete